This picture comes from way back during the winter of 2007 (yes, I have thousands of pictures in my archives…). There are so many advantages of shooting during the winter.
1) Sunrise happens later and sunset happens earlier. Translation: photographers can sleep longer.
2) There are less people mingling about ruining your beautifully composed shots.
3) The mountains have snow on the top of them.
4) Antlered animals still have their antlers.
5) Lastly, it’s more fun to be battling the winter elements than it is the summer elements.